Pages

Welcome!!!

Thank you for stopping by :)

Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Altered Birdcage

I got inspired altering my birdcage that I bought from Michael's last year. I wish I bought more as they were really cheap - $1.00 each.
The cage was originally red and I decided to use white and blue just because blue is one of my favorite color. I first painted the cage with white paint, then I used to shades of blue. I just dabbed the blue paints over the dried white paint. It's sort of gave the blue-cloudy sky effect on the cage. I love how the colors were combined ;)
I made the swing out of a chain and a plastic "twig". I actually just made the twig out of the stem from a bunch of flowers that I got from the dollar store. I like that it's bendable and covered with plastic so it was easy for me to make the arch of the swing. Other materials I used were ribbons and I attached rhinestones on them.
All of the flowers I used were made by me, as well. I would have to look for a tiny oval shaped stones that I can make into eggs for the nest.
I had fun making this. Let me know what you think.





1 comments:

Amiee

Cute cage, I really like the birdies at the bottom

Post a Comment